× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

immediately

• elaine95
  • elaine95's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 months 1 week ago #13320 by elaine95
elaine95 created the topic: immediately
SAN DIEGO (AP) — The Padres got a glimpse of their future Friday night as one of its top pitching prospects shut down the Phillies.Jacob Nix pitched six strong innings in his major league debut and the San Diego Padres beat the Philadelphia Phillies 2-0 on Friday night.“It was a fun night for him Erik Gonzalez Jersey ,” said Padres manager Andy Green. “The fastball command was there from the beginning.”Nix (1-0) got off to a rocky start. He stranded three runners after a pair of singles and a walk in the first, and two more runners in the second. Then he settled down, allowing one more baserunner the rest of the game, retiring 12 of his last 13 batters faced and striking out four.“I’ve worked my whole life for this moment,” Nix said. “I’m on cloud nine right now.”After settling in, Padres fans and Nix’ contingent of 60-plus guests grew noticeably louder each time he recorded an out.“I could hear my grandma, she’s always been the one I can hear,” said Nix.Freddy Galvis hit a two-out RBI single in the second to put the Padres up 1-0. Austin Hedges scored from second after initially reaching base on a bloop single, and then stealing second.Hedges then added a solo homer on a 1-2 pitch in the fourth to put the Padres up 2-0. It was Hedges ninth home run of the season.Hedg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Get Our Newsletter

Contact Us

For personal or family matters:
Keren Catz: 972-3-6703077, kerenc@alut.org.il

For donations:
Rachel Rosenman: rachelr@alut.org.il

For volunteers:
Vered: veredn@alut.org.il

American Friends of ALUT, New York City:
Stuart J. Shiff: 917-660-9341, StuartS@alutfriends.org

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!

Sign in to your account